Thursday 24 September 2015

Day 93 - National holiday = a day off!


The view from The Sun. Not too shabby, aye?

Day 93 - 24th September

So a day off and it's nothing to do with the rain. Hurrah! (Cheers Charlie).

Need I say more?

I had a pretty awesome noodle soup for breakfast - a pleasant change to start the day - whilst I did a little blogging and worked on my latest book ideas. Always ticking along with something new.

Afterwards, I decided to do some exercise, taking to do lengths in the pool. No one else was in there so I took advantage. It was nice to just take a few hours to do something fun. To dry off, I laid in the sun and read my book. 

Pre-sunburn.

Stupidly, I forgot my sun cream so I ended up like a lobster on my chest and legs. That'll teach me!

I set off downtown in search of some food. As I cycled, I heard a repetitive, chugging sound coming from the front of my bike. It continue for ten minutes until I reached Pub Street. A quick check revealed that I had a flat tyre! Nuts.

After calling my coordinator, Rebecca, Mr Mut came out from Globalteer with a replacement for me (he's a good man). As a thanks, I gave him $5 for his phone credit. Not quite even but it was the least I could do for his troubles.

I headed to The Sun for a Cuba Libre and then had an awesome lamb burger with mint dressing and salad. You can't beat it!

Don from Project B swung by toward 5:30 pm and he had a couple of Mango Margaritas whilst I kept him company. I found out he had lived in Singapore for a few years before moving further North to Siem Reap, where he was volunteering at the project. It's only when you sit down with people, away from the hustle and bustle that you really get to know them.

I had to shoot off at 6:15pm to get to my weekly six-a-side game over at Samakee Market. We were playing a big side in Carlton Palmer F.C. The rain had fallen so the pitch was greasy, ready for slick passes.

I scored first to make it four in four before Charlie added two more long rangers and Alex scored an audacious header over a 6ft 2 keeper. We were cruising at four - nil, playing a high tempo, so it was only understandable that we relaxed and felt tired a bit more than usual. Carlton Palmer saw this and nicked two goals back but we held out for a great win. Colin's double goal line clearance in addition to Yanni's strong defending, Boreth's great goalkeeping and Nico's tricks made it all the more a satisifying win with well deserved beers afterwards.

GET IN THERE BIG WILLY F.C.

What a day, and I relaxed for a few hours before nodding off, ready for the eight sessions at Project D on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.