Wednesday 23 September 2015

Day 91 - More fun and games and a feisty 6-a-side affair


The warms up in action.

Day 91 - 22nd September

After waking up a little groggy from a restless night (the storm was so loud), I had my breakfast and headed off to Globalteer so we could get ready for a day at Project B.

Explanations ...

We spent about two hours in two sessions in the morning, going through the same drills as the day before. Once again the kids had a good grasp of the social message and enjoyed chasing each other about. We had a few trips and slips but that just brought more laughter and screams from two groups of very excited kids. You've gotta love it!

The kids are so well behaved. And look at me, rocking the Adidas full kit!

Heading back for lunch, I grabbed a Cup 'o' Noodles and went straight to the Globalteer offices to finish my editing. The iPad app for Word doesn't let you do a real job of line spacing if you have the basic package (take note Microsoft and Apple - you're letting the consumer down with you add ons packs). 

After days and hours of solid work, I finally finished my TV drama script. Hopefully coming to your screens in 2017! Yes, it really does take that long.

Ready, steady . . .

We were back at Project B for more afternoon session but the second was cancelled because we had the kids from that session in a class for the first hour. Again, they identified the social message on their own which is always a positive. It means they understand the importance of health and hygiene that perhaps some of the older generation haven't be educated about.

I had a quick toastie at The Red Piano before heading over to Samakee for our weekly training game. Oh, it was pouring down again with huge forks of lightning coming down on my way there so that was enough to make me pedal faster on my bike from Bou Savy to the AstroTurf.

We were playing against some Khmer guys and it's my first experience of a team that closely resembled a team from home. They liked a physical battle and with me playing up top, one guy liked to lead with his knee in my back. 

Eventually, after we went 4-0 down, this defender pushed his luck and ended up with a taste of his own medicine from one of our players. Once this was out of their systems, the game continued competitively and we managed to get the score back to a more respectable 6-4.

In the end, it was a good game. I bagged one and Charlie and Dave shared the other three between them. Encouraging signs of a team coming together, perhaps just in time for a game against a big team, Carlton Palmer F.C on Thursday. We shall see.

I arrived back and dropped off. This volunteering malarkey is exhausting.

Find out more about Globalteer Sports Project on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GlobalteerSportsProject

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.