Sunday 20 September 2015

Day 88 - Completing a script, Goals for Girls and Charlie's bar!


A great way to start the day!

Day 88 - 19th September

I woke at 6am after a restless sleep. Yeah, I went to bed by ten the night before but from 1am onwards, I was tossing and turning. I think I was worrying about my script, hoping and praying that this time it will be my break!

So I went down to breakfast for 6:45 and began writing. The hard boiled eggs were a nice extra to my writing and finally I finished editing!

By the time I'd finished, I realised five hours had almost passed and I needed to be at the Globalteer offices for the Goals for Girls certificate presentation. This initiative gives young girls the chance to lead. Their awards this time were for organising and running the Globalteer games - a summer Olympics, I believe.

The presentation begins . . .

The turn out was fantastic. The girls were all excited but as usual, shy as anything. When Charlie told them to help themselves to food and drink, barely anyone moved.

The Goals for Girls, girls.

The certificate presentation went off without a hitch and it was great to see so many young people being rewarded for their hard efforts. Well done to all.

I headed back and Skyped home. I spoke to my Nanna, whose doing well and Mum and Dad, who were also good. It was nice to hear their voices after a long week. 

Later, I headed to Charlie's bar for Chelsea v.s. Arsenal with Charlie. He brought his wife's niece along to, who works at one of the schools on our program so it was nice to be able to see a couple of familiar faces on a night out. I also struck up a conversion with another English guy, who was travelling through.

Beer and Jäger Bombs flowed and soon I was heading out of Charlie's bar regretting my drinking decisions. But, it's the first and last time I get drunk in Cambodia. The Tuk Tuk ride back was a bumpy experience and one I don't care to repeat anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.