Wednesday 16 September 2015

Day 85 - More rain, but no rain, no gain, right? RIGHT!


The dining area where I do most of my writing these days!

Day 85 - 16th September

So a quick noodle breakfast this morning and I was out the door.

We shot off to our project across town and were setting up in the rain. I am truly a believer in wet season now having witness so much rain. I thought it was just to signify when the rains came but boy have I been wrong.

The kids were full of energy and enjoyed the game of hopping between cones, as I gradually took more  away. Eventually, I had an army of kids behind me and just two in front. They both played a great game but as always there has to be just one winner.

We the taught them the lesson of the week and some kids grasped it quickly, others more slowly. Some not at all. One thing I'll always remember is from box four (Push Ups). The kids this thrusting their pelvis' into the floor is the way to do a push up and it just has me and DK in stitches.

After a slightly dryer end to the lesson, we headed off to our other project, over by the airport. This place has a big playing field so it's always fun. 

DK had to talk to the director about future sports arrangements so I took the lesson. The kids loved the warm ups, running up and down and jumping around. I then had them lined up in team A and B and they would run out in turns trying to catch the other team. DK suggested it as a good burner of energy. He wasn't wrong.

The lesson was cut short by . . . yep, more rain but we had most it anyway.

When I returned to Bou Savy, I had my Cup O Noodles and finished my admin tasks for Globalteer.

Afterwards, I headed over to teach DK more English. I tried him out reading for ten minutes so I could see what words he struggled with in some Grimm Fairy Tale books. I knew Gretel would get him!

We returned to the same NGO and DK coached the lesson of the week for them. Again the kids struggled with the push ups, all except the smallest kid. He is a foot shorter than the rest, about two years younger too but damn, can he nail a push up! Impressive stuff from a kid who normally comes to class dressed as Batman (Cape and Cowl included!) He's obviously serious about life as a crime fighter, and good on him.

By the time we were five minutes from Bou Savy, the rain was pouring again.

Please, let this be the one!

I made a quick stop at my favourite $1 noodle cart outside the hostel and then pitched up at. Table in the lobby / dining area to finish my script for the BBC drama submission.

And it's finished. All the hard work has paid off and now a quick edit and off it goes. 

So exciting times here in Siem Reap. Loving it more every day!

Find out more about Globalteer Sports Project on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GlobalteerSportsProject

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.