Saturday 5 September 2015

Day 71 - Warm ups and Khmer lessons


The roads on the way to work.

Day 71 - 02nd September

So another day brought more kids, more drills, more child rights and more fun. I enjoyed warming up and getting the kids to laugh and joke with each other. I'm starting to get into the swing of this.

DK and I are waiting for Srey Mom to come back from coaching in Phomn Pehn so we have the dream team back together.

After our first lessons, I took an English lesson with DK, who wanted to improve his English skills. He was a fast learner and it was good fun to teach him. He wanted some evening assignment, so I asked him to provide me with half a page of writing, detailing our afternoon classes.

Our afternoon took us back to the same project but we had different classes. After six sessions throughout the day, I was ready to crawl up and sleep.

No such luck, I had a Khmer lesson with Abigail and Dan. But we all love our teacher, Vith. He is such an enthusiast about teaching English, it's difficult not to want to learn Khmer. He is really supportive and wants to help out where he can. All whilst going to university.

Love that Lok Lak.

After our Khmer lesson, Abigail abandoned us to go to the circus and Dan and I had to sort ourselves out some dinner. We went to the Smiley restaurant. I had a great Lok Lak (a stewed meat with salad, onions and rice).

We scoped prices for our weekend trip to Phomn Pehn with DK and found a good place to buy bus tickets.

I went to bed, pretty tired from the long day and looked forward to another day of fun in the sun, teaching kids volleyball.

Find out more about Globalteer Sports Project on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GlobalteerSportsProject


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.