Saturday 12 September 2015

Day 78 - Pagodas, Putting and BBQ Indecisions


Putt me out of my misery. I lost!

Day 78 - 09th September

Wednesday's always bring a busy morning, with chaos and a more relaxed afternoon, with more chaos. Ha!

The progression of our lesson plan for the week was going well, with the kids recognising that education is a pivotal part of their childhood. It may sound mundane to us as adults but to them, when they lack guidance sometimes, good work like the kind DK, Srey Mom and all at Globalteer can make the difference here, believe me!

One of the many beautiful pagodas in Siem Reap.

I was running around so much that I forgot all about our (Dan and Abigail with me) visit to the pagodas with Vith and Becca. That Vith knows his stuff, answering most of our questions without hesitation. I threw him a couple of curve balls, which I apologise for, and he said he come back to me on them. He really is a good guy.

I learned more about Buddhism, the teachings, how Monks live their lives in the city and about the different types of praying techniques - different for men and women, of course!

After our visit, Dan, Abigail and I went to a BBQ restaurant based on Becca's recommendation. As Dan and I settled down for a pitcher of beer each, Abigail announced she didn't want to eat any of the food on the menu! Not the best news but life throws up these little challenges I suppose.

Abigail put her ball O.B. Here she's looking for it - don't ask me how, she's a push-shotter!

We decided to go and finish what we'd started at the Angkor Wat Putt golf place before dinner at the same BBQ place from last night. Of course, we ended up getting lost trying to find it again, like last Friday but eventually we found it after a joy ride in the back of a young lad's Tuk Tuk. He called in help from his dad to help him and I had a conversation with his dad to confirm where we wanted to go. He seemed like a nice fella, just from his voice.

The winner at work.

Dan won the golf narrowly, with me coming second and Abigail push shoting her way to third. All great fun I suppose.

It was good for $4.50!

The BBQ food this time was much better and I avoided the noodles like a cheesy pop night with free entry in fancy dress at a UK nightclub. The steak and chicken skewer with my jacket potato was pretty good, the BBQ sauce could do with a rethink.

We were all pretty tired so headed back to Chè Bou Savy. And the rest is history.

Find out more about Globalteer Sports Project on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GlobalteerSportsProject

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.