Wednesday 23 September 2015

Day 92 - Finally a script submission and all day sessions in the country


Our field of play at Project C.

Day 92 - 23rd September

Another day, another dollar as they say!

I finally sent my BBC script off to the Writers Room 10 before Thursday's closing deadline. I really feel this project is going to make it but only time will tell. Here's hoping, right?

That tree is a Godsend in the heat.

We had literally all day at Project C which I was excited about. The kids here are great fun, with lots of energy and smiles. What more could you want for a day? For the first time, we were going to spend the whole day at a project, lunch included.

DK was the attacker in a strange twist on the first game. You should've seen the kids' faces.

Look at him go!

The morning went well, as we knew it would be. The heat was pretty stifling but we waded through, the kids going easy on us and behaving well (I'll be honest, they always do).

One of the views from the side of the field... simply stunning.

For lunch, I had an egg sandwich whilst DK had an entire provinces supply of rice wi vegetable and pork and I did a little blogging. The kids crowded around, fascinated by the touch screen. I let a few push some buttons and they seemed to get a kick out of it. We also obtained an orange which was green which blew my mind.

The green orange.

I'm no stick in the mud!

The afternoon sessions were just as successful, with the kids eager to get involved and them laughing at mine and DK's double act. Even with the heat, the amount of fun we were enjoying made the time fly by. The only mishap I had was sinking into some thick mud up to my shins whilst trying to retrieve a ball. It brought laughter from the kids and DK.

My turn to be the attacker! Mwuahahaha

You can run . . .

But you can't hide.

My technique maybe unorthodox, but it works!

The de-brief.

It was such a great day, I even dozed off in the back of the Tuk Tuk! The heat does not agree with me.

The one draw back of the day was the twinge I had from football last night. I'm hoping it's going to stop before Thursday night with our big game coming up. Also I have a Yoga class to get to Friday so double pressure!

Well earned, I feel.

For dinner I went for some Tex Mex, indulging in a small nachos started, a couple of draft beers and finally a Khmer Beef Curry. Not bad for £5.

Afterwards, I returned to Bou Savy and started work on a new project. Just call my life the never ending story. 

Find out more about Globalteer Sports Project on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GlobalteerSportsProject

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.