Sunday 20 September 2015

Day 87 - Kids are tiring, fact!


Siem Reap by night.

Day 87 - 18th September

I over slept from a heavy night's sleep and to my surprise, it was not raining.

I picked up a banana pancake to go and shot off for the office, meeting DK and Vibol, our Tuk Tuk driver. Mr Muk (Globalteer team member) was trying to buy my phone off me. I wouldn't want to take his money plus it locks itself all the time from the heat and half the screen is cracked. Definitely not worth it.

We arrived at our school for the day. We had four morning sessions with the first two classes getting a really good grasp of the five box game and the social message it give with regards to family. It was pretty easy going and they did as they were told - their push ups were hilarious, as most have been all week.

By the time the second two sets of classes come out, I was feeling energetic, ready to put them through a good warm up before DK took the lesson. But sadly, it wasn't to be . . .

The kids are great, of course. Every one of them has a great personality and enthusiasm for sport but keeping them under control was more of a challenge then trying to keep 12 balls in three boxes (3x4 with them rolling everywhere. Yeah, I have to do that).

In the end we just had them free play and everyone had great fun. Some of the school volunteers involved themselves, including a mother and daughter combo from Australia. It's great to see everyone getting involved.

After a brief spot of lunch and script editing at Bou Savy, we went back to the same school for our afternoon sessions.

Our sessions were more tiring in the afternoon, for both us and the kids. It was hotter than it had been in the morning so every one was wearing out much quicker. But we still had fun! 

I had sand all over my shirt from the push up instruction, a wet back from the sweat and kids jumping all over me. One kids tapped me after getting off my back and pointed to his shirt. It was wet. 'This is from you,' he said before laughin with the others. I couldn't help but join him.

After the lessons ended, DK and I were glad to be resting in the back of the Tuk Tuk. An 8 lesson Friday is definitely a killer!

Love a good Ham and Cheese toastie.

I headed downtown for dinner at the Red Piano and edged ever closer to completing my second draft. 

By the ten o'clock rolled around, I was out. Maybe I am getting old?

Find out more about Globalteer Sports Project on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GlobalteerSportsProject

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.