Saturday 12 September 2015

Day 79 - Same same but different


Teaching on a whiteboard - what am I doing!?

Day 79 - 10th September

'Same same but different' is probably the most appropriate catchphrase for my volunteering job. Every day feels like it's the same set up but it's weirdly very different each time. It's difficult to explain but all you need to know is that it's bloody awesome!

More of the material for DK.

DK and I went out for our usual morning sessions before heading back to the office for our English lesson. What should've been an hour elapsed into a four hour lesson. Despite this huge overrun, I had fun and watched DK go from really confused to only slightly confused. He was beginning to pick up the differences in plurals and tenses whilst also learning more about Antonyms, Synonyms and Homonyms (his request).

It's nice to know the burger lives up to the legend!

I headed off to the Yellow Submarine, yes The Beatles themed bar for a burger before football at 7pm. The Paul McCartney burger was delightful, with blue cheese and sautéed onions. A great way to start my night.

The opposite to pissed off? Pissed on!

It doesn't even look that bad. Believe me, it was up on the path.

You can see the bike wheel sinking!

As I set off for football, the reenactment of Noah and the Great Flood began, with chickens and Tuk Tuk drivers in the supporting cast. I've never seen rain like it as it started to glaze the road surfaces until it started to fill them up. The drainage was sinking beneath the water level and I battled through the sheets of rain to get to my game.

Half way down, I had to stop. The combination of headlights and rain made it so tough to see that I had to turn around and go back. Sorry Big Willy F.C, I'm back next week, regardless. 

Love this place.

I went back to the Yellow Sub to find Dan and Abigail had left so I made my way back to Bou Savy. As I cycled back, my feet sunk beneath the water level. It was intense, worrying about hitting the hundreds of potholes beneath the water. 

It was quite a day but I was glad to be getting into bed.

Find out more about Globalteer Sports Project on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GlobalteerSportsProject

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.