Saturday 12 September 2015

Day 77 - Whose the bigger kid here?


My views on the way to projects!

Day 77 - 08th September

You know the drill now - banana pancakes to start the day.

Shortly after digesting this, I found out Mr Barang, the awesome Tuk Tuk driver was taking us places for the week, which brought some cheer to the early morning.

We headed to the project that we'd be spending all day at with a mission to have them understanding that going through all the stages of schooling (primary through to university) that they'd have a great opportunity to find a good job and fulfil their dreams.

When we arrived, I found myself running around after some of the little ones, swinging off the trees and blowing raspberries at some of them. It left me thinking whose the bigger kid in these situations.

We had fun, nonetheless.

Our lessons consisted of DK teasing the children and interrupting my warm up drills with me then chasing him around whilst trying to keep the kids moving. All in good fun though.

Following the conclusion of the last session, we headed back to Bou Savy and then I was straight out for football training by Samakee Market. I biked over, which turned out to be an interesting experience, dodging potholes and other vehicles on my way to the game.

When I reached the game, we had some new team mates and we went on a rampage, winning the game 9-4. This team has promise and I'm looking forward to seeing how we will progress in the league. Roll on Thursday!

I met Dan and Abigail on the way back at The Triangle BBQ restaurant and had some pretty bad yellow noodles. It's the first time I've had cause to moan about food on this trip but as they say 'there's a first time for everything'.

Find out more about Globalteer Sports Project on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GlobalteerSportsProject

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.