Thursday 23 July 2015

Day 29 - Nathan Road and 'Nostril Nuisances'


Just a street, just because it's Hong Kong.

Day 29 - 22nd July.

'The Dark Knight' building by day.

So the day was raining, again! Seriously, it's following me. Ever the optimist (ha!), I waited for the rain to clear and then headed out to meet my companion and royal brother from Guangzhou, Alex. We met for dinner and discussed our experiences of Hong Kong before he had to shoot off and Skype, sort out his project and escape from me as quickly as he could! I don't blame him!

Ichiban - lipstick for men. Sieko! Any 'Friends' fans will understand.

So I decided to wander again, it was only 7:30 pm. This time convincing myself I could walk from my hostel at something like 24 Nathan Road all the way to the Causeway in the North, near the New Territories. Safe to say, I failed. I walked 350 buildings worth, 750 if you count both sides and decided I was never going to make it. I hadn't even made four stops up on the Metro and there were nine or ten to conquer.

There shooting a movie down there, hence the crowd.

Instead of skulking back, I turned it into a mission to find a rain jacket. Four attempts came my way: one shop wanted me out immediately for asking about colour choices; one laughed when I asked for a discount; another just had a poor selection and the final one I tried on a woman's jacket after the assistant helped me pick it out. Finally, I found a shop, that looked like a camping jobbie. I went inside and two women in their forties helped me. Long and short of it, I eventually found a jacket and it was relatively cheap at 290 HK Dollars (Around £26).

Happy with myself, I indulged my inner child with an Oreo McFlurry. 

When I arrived back, i dodged the onslaught of Indian sellers, tailors and pains in the backside and crashed out pretty much instantaneously. I thought it was going to be a good night's rest but I was so wrong. The Korean girl had checked out and we now had a Chinese guy in her place. And this guy was a snorer! I'm going to nickname them 'Nostril Nuisances' from now on! So this guy could send the Richter Scale into meltdown. I woke up every 15 minutes from his snores. Finally, by 7 am, he was checking out. And I could sleep! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.