Tuesday 21 July 2015

Day 23 - Coffee shop cock up (but not mine!)


Day 23 - 16th July

So Alex headed off to Starbucks and we arranged to meet in the lobby at two to get some lunch. I indulged in the most free time I've had in years and wrote my arse off. I'm now up to a 60,000 word count on my second draft so I'm really into this project again.

I bid farewell to Patrick who was moving across town to stay with his brother. We said we try to meet next October when he's in Europe!

I lost myself in my writing world and as the outside light darkened, I realised it was now six o'clock. And no lunch or Alex. Instead of panicking that he might have been abducted, I laughed. I knew he'd found a girl. It had to be.

Shortly after, he comes back and tells me he's had the weirdest day. So over dinner, in a place that looks like a back room of a warehouse, Alex tells me he saw this gorgeous Russian girl in Starbucks, and after two hours of creepy looking, he went over and put his plug in the socket next to her. They started talking, she told him how her passport had been confiscated whilst a visa was being sorted and she began hinting that he could go back with her to a room she had found on Air BnB, staying with a Cambodian family. Alex thought it was a scam and far to good to be true and asked her outright if she was trying to scam him. She produced documentation to prove herself.

As I laughed, I could see he was thinking it was a great opportunity missed. I tried to console him by saying he might have gone back to find her staying with three big dudes who could've robbed him. 

A funny story and one to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.