Sunday 5 July 2015

Day 12 - The Xi'an Finale

Fu - meaning Happiness and Luck. This is upside down, meaning happiness is coming . . .

Day 12 - 05th July

So it was last day in Xi'an. In true Xi'an tradition, or roughly translated, every morning since I've been here, Clinton and I went for breakfast. This time he indulged in dumplings with some form of purée inside whilst I went for a Madeira type, white sponge cake. Something different but it did the trick.

After heading down to grab a magnet for my mum (it sounds tacky, but she'll have a whole collection of every destination when I get home) and a postcard for my nanna (same principle, just in card - my nanna doesn't have Facebook or Twitter), I headed back to see Clinton and Sean off. I missed Sean by a few minutes but got the chance to bid farewell to Clinton. Good luck guys on your travels.


Since then, I've chilled out in the hotel bar area (no beer, I might add) and did some writing. I'm currently working on part one, second draft of a four part book series. It won't distract me from my travels but I can't stop writing altogether. It's my passion, my gift, my curse - who am I? I'm writerdan (movie buffs will understand).



Tomorrow I leave for Shanghai on an epic 20 hour night sleeper train. Be prepared for a new blog post with me moaning it up, probably.

Xi'an has been epic. The Terracotta Soldiers were unbelievable, the city was majestic and again, the food and people made a fantastic experience. 

On to my next adventure . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.