Tuesday 21 July 2015

Day 26 - Guangzhou Tower, more Kara and Alex and EinSteins


My insides were twisting like that when I looked up.

Day 26 - 19th July

Incredible views of Guangzhou and the surrounding mountains.

So the Skype session ran long into the night, well into the early hours but it was worth it. That Emmy is a little cracker, as is Nanna. The other members of the Millen Clan are not too bad - my brother Lee opting to moon me on camera like a five year old (do the crime, Leeroy, it's going on the blog - love ya, bruda!)

Ahhh, look at that little beauty, and then Kara and Alex!

Alex, Kara and I decided to go to Guangzhou Tower to soak up the views. It was only when we arrived, I found out it was the tallest structure in China. Great, that'll help my fear. As we flew up to the sky in an elevator that felt like Willy Wonka had built it, I was starting to feel my legs wobbling. We quickly, too quickly for my liking, reached the 107 floor viewing deck. The sight was incredible and I took in the whole of Guangzhou, which provided views of the city and the distant mountains. A spectacular sight.

Shortly after landing, we went to Starbucks to sort Alex's Hong Kong trip and then took some wacky photos.

Then we navigated our way over to Felix's restaurant, EinSteins. It was a German cuisine eatery, with all the decor, the German beers and the national flag. I had Wrong Rabbit (pork with egg and rice) and we shared Bratwurst and Alex kept his dish to himself. Greedy begger.

After Felix's meant in gest comments about Chinese people went down quicker than me in Kung Fu combat, we left the restaurant feeling bad for Kara. We cheered her up with stupid jokes and stories and tried to rally her before she set off home. A nice girl, that Kara.

Alex and I bid our royal asses goodbye and said we'd rendezvous at some point in Hong Kong next week.

So back to being alone again, for now. I found my customary water soaked towel awaiting me when I returned for bed. Typhoons, water pipes on balcony's and inconsiderate roommates make the hostel some say. I say these people are morons. The Aussie and New Mexico chaps are cool but the other guys look like they want to kill me.

A day to go, in Guangzhou - that rhymes. What will tomorrow bring . . . rain probably!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.