Monday 30 November 2015

Day 160 - Kuala Lumpur, Chinatown, Market and Petronas Towers


A bridge too far?

Day 160 - 30th November

So Kuala Lumpur, here it was in front of me and I was so exhausted I didn't even want to look around.

But Ross pulled me together and we both managed to pick up tickets for the subway and headed into central Kuala Lumpur where I left his at Plaza Rakyat to head to my hostel - Step Inn, situated just a few minutes from the station. Of course, I got this arse about face.

I went to McDonalds and had a breakfast whilst trying to use their Wi-Fi. Useless. A weird, old guy was smiling and staring at me so I loaded up with my bags and got the hell out of there.

Eventually, I found it was just off a street at the top of a hill, beside a small Hindu temple and a curry house. Happy days.

Because it was only 6:30am, I had to wait until 2pm to check in. Not knowing what to do in that amount of time, I instead chose to write and submitted two sports articles to GMS and two short scripts to the BBC Writers Room. Fingers crossed again on these.

Petaling Street Chinatown

I checked into my cell... I mean room which consisted of a single bed and one bedside cupboard. I did a little research on places to visit and then headed off to Chinatown and the Central Market to discover what Kuala Lumpur had to offer. It turns out quite a lot and I immersed myself in the sounds, smells and ... other things in Chinatown and the market.

Love that pork!

And that dumpling broth.

I had a fantastic BBQ Pork noodle dinner and then set off around 7pm to find the Petronas Towers. Within forty minutes, I'd passed Times Square Mall (home of an indoor theme park - I'll be visiting at some point I'm sure), the sky bars and bar strips and finally what I had come to see, those towers were mighty big and I gazed up nervously at the bridge way that connects them knowing I've got to go up there in a few days. Shite!

Just fooling around.

Ok, one without me. You happy?

I saw a movie inside the complex before heading back around 10:30pm. A prostitute asked if she could walk back with me and I joked, 'I don't think you could keep up.' Word of advice - don't say this to a prostitute, she thinks you're talking about something else when really you're referring to a walking pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.