Wednesday 25 November 2015

Day 153 - More Writing, more Chicken and Rice and more Mynt Lounge


Love those raspberry shakes!

Day 153 - 23rd November

Yeah, the title says it all. More writing, more chicken and rice and more of the Mynt Lounge.

I'm not complaining, it's actually good fun to have this sort of routine. You wake up in a hut around 8am, it's dark until you flip the door and shutters open to see the sea. Then you get up and have breakfast whilst working and then take a little walk. A little more work until 5pm and then afterwards, you go out for a couple of plates of chicken and rice and a raspberry shake before moving on to the Mynt Lounge.

The moon doesn't even look real

I think for the first time travelling since Vietnam, I am chilling out in one place just enjoying the freedom and enjoying writing for long periods again.

Me and Matt are having a lot of laughs with the bar staff and locals who seem to be enjoying our company too. Even if they don't they are pretty convincing.

I went out in a Superman t-shirt and as I walked down the strip in it, random massage girls are shouting out that they want to massage me because I'm Superman. I don't know what comic books they've been reading but I'm more the Clark Kent (I'm a writer, crap hair cut and a bit of a dork) of the ego rather than a Man of Steel. But I'm happy to play up.

After leaving Matt in the Mynt Lounge with Joy at 2am, I had to run down the street to get away from the massage girls and ladyboys who were coming out into the street to get me. I'd love to say I'm exaggerating but I'm not. I nearly fell over twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.