Monday 30 November 2015

Day 156 - Storms brewing, both at sea and on land


This was before the night took a turn for the worst!

Day 156 - 26th November

It had been a heavy night - not with booze, but with a giant storm hitting the coastline and the area just metres from my hut. All night I was waiting for the roof to cave in from water damage but it didn't. Nevertheless, I didn't sleep well.

I continued with my work until Matt surfaced and then we commenced with our daily routine - chicken and rice, some pork and rice and then a fruit shake. By the time the film had finished (Enemy at the Gates) I was ready to burst. 

Matt went to the gym (crazy bastard) whilst I went back to work some more.

We had an afternoon swim before heading back up to our favourite spot in the Mynt Lounge. After a few beers, we were joined by a Londoner who told us about his experiences Quad Biking in Koh Samui, experiences that had resulted in him needing reconstruction surgery on his knee. He was still going to ride in a few months time when his year's recovery had finished. Fair play to him!

Joy on a roll! Matt on steroids I think!


The happy duo.

Later on, the other Matt rocked up and we had a few games of pool against the bar girls. When we lost I had to pay out a few hundred for their drinks (when will I ever learn) before me and the two Matt's headed to a few of the Go Go bars for a few drinks.

Aye, aye. There's trouble abrewing!

This is when my trouble started. We were drinking Samsong's rum and after two I was completely plastered. Matt had to bring me back on his bike, a favour I'm very grateful for.

I collapsed in my hut, unaware that my drink was laced with amphetamine! Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.