Sunday 8 November 2015

Day 138 - Bangkok Reunion


A morning beer before the big arrival

Day 138 - 08th November

So the day had finally arrived. Yes, I was going to have the first stages of a sex change! I'm pleased to report the surgery went well and I'm now the proud owner of hair extensions. It's what I've always wanted!

No, I'm joking. My sister, Kelly and cousin, Dave were flying in from the UK to visit me for two weeks. To say I was excited would be an understatement. All the planning and discussing were over and we were now just hours away from a reunion.

I spent the morning wandering around the city again before jumping on the pretty swish Skytrain to the airport. I was two hours early. So I went to a Chinese place on the third floor for a spot of lunch. I met a couple from LA who were travelling around for a few weeks. 

I had a cheeky beer at a bar before heading down to arrivals. Fifteen minutes later, Kelly and Dave were subjected to my chants of 'yesssssssssssss!' in the middle of the terminal. They looked well, despite the flight and we headed back into the city and onwards to Khaosan to check them in.

The Pad Thai double act

After a quick change around, we headed down to Khaosan Road for street Pad Thai and tubes of beer. It was great catching up with them and swapping stories of the last five months. It's all gone by so fast.

The scorpion snacks

Shortly after, Dave and I picked up some new sunglasses and we ate scorpions whilst drinking more beer. An impulse buy of 10 cigars followed and we puffed away on them until we realised it was a stupid thing to do.

We headed back via 7 Eleven to crash out for the evening. It was great to see Kelly again and be bantering with Dave. The next two weeks are sure to be crackers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.