Wednesday 25 November 2015

Day 152 - Meeting Matty, Rock Bar and Mynt Lounge


Somewhere in the midst is a man trimming the grass

Day 152 - 22nd November

So it was business as usual, working on my latest book, the sequel to one of the projects I was working on in Cambodia. It's already 55,300 odd words in length but needs improvements to bring it up to the same level as the first.

I worked over breakfast until Matt caught up with me around lunchtime. He said he'd found some good places to eat and drink further up from Lamai Beach. I told him I wanted to do some work first but we'd meet up around five-ish and he could show me around.

The rest of the day I walked up and down the beach trying to generate ideas. Ideally, my second book takes part in a beach house so it's not too bad for research purposes.

The Rock Bar

By five o'clock I was on the back of Matt's bike and we were heading towards the Rock Bar, a place sunk into a rock around the bay. We walked up the beach towards the bar and after a little detour, we eventually found it. I wasn't down for having a mushroom shake so just had a Chang instead.

It was a pretty good spot and a good way to waste half an hour.

Afterwards, we moved towards the main strip. There was a Sunday market on so we had to navigate through hordes of people to make it to the restaurant Matt had been eating in since we left him on Tuesday.

The chicken and rice was awesome and the raspberry shake even better. Not bad for four quid. The chef was really friendly, coming out to shake our hands and greet us before our meal. This place isn't even one star but it's bloody good.

The Mynt Lounge

Afterwards, we went to the Mynt Lounge to see a girl, Joy who Matt had met up with. It was a great bar, with a really chilled out vibe and a pool table. Amazingly, I won five games on the bounce against different challenges in the bar, making myself look like a pool whizz. A complete fluke of course.

We rolled out around one am and headed back. I have a feeling this is how the nights are going to progress here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.