Tuesday 17 November 2015

Day 145 - Phang Nga Island and Bond Island


One less Bond destination to see now!

Day 145 - 15th November

Well I wasn't late getting up because four French people were shouting out loud from 4am. I was getting pissed off quickly but got up at 6am and readied for our 8am pick up.

We took a shorter journey to the other side of Phuket to go to the ferry which would take us out to Phang Nga and the James Bond Island.

The view was stunning and as we drew closer on our hour journey, my excitement was building for the James Bond Island. I'd wanted to visit this icon location for so long and now I was on the verge. 

Siblings loving the Canoe! 


What a glorious day for it.

We were shown around the islands by sea canoe, weaving in and out of the caves to see the bats and the level of water during high tide. It was weird to think the depth of our ferry would leave the caves in a day or so, providing a passage way through. As it was, we were blocked off and could only go so far but even so, it was fantastic to see.

So stunning out here, similar to Halong Bay!

We had lunch on the ferry and then headed to the James Bond Island. As expected, it was touristic and difficult to get a photo on your own but we managed it. Dave and I did our customary comedy shot which I think we pulled off well.

Queues everywhere on this place. It kinda ruins the illusion of a Bond location.

Twenty minutes later, actually thirty minutes because we had to wait for an old woman with hairy armpits to embark, we went swimming near an island and even made it to the small beach on the east side.

As the sun was lowering in the sky, we made it back to Patong. We went for dinner near the beach front at a fancy restaurant. I had a Thai red curry which was pretty good followed by the less elegant McDonalds pineapple pie, free with a bank mini statement.

New Facebook profile pic I feel

It poured down, highlighting to Kel and Dave what I'd been putting up with for the last few months. We had a few beers at Blix bar further up the strip whilst marvelling at a woman on a pole. And I mean marvelling. The power and strength she had had me hiding my little arms behind my back.

Trust Dave to be watching the dancers during picture time

We were due to leave for Koh Samui in the morning but I thought a rest day for the gang would be good. We'd been getting early and going out all day and all night since their arrival so one day off wouldn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.