Wednesday 25 November 2015

Day 149 - Koh Phangan and the Half Moon Party


It's Half Moon Time

Day 149 - 19th November

So we were still in Koh Tao for the morning and part of the afternoon. It was raining so Dave and I thought it best to embrace the wetness and have a swim in the pool.

As I was changing, something fell from my pocket and whack! I looked down to see my 13 day old, new phone face down on the bathroom tiles. As I turned the screen over, it was splintered all over! FML. But I didn't get angry. What's done is done - MOTHERF@*(=ER - just kidding.

As Dave and I laughed our way out of it as we do with most things (check out my Day 150 post to see my list of Crittenden's Clanger from this trip - it could be a blog all in itself) and started a new game of goalkeeping saves across the pool. It work pretty well and I ended up winning 2-1. All friendly games of course - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Afterwards, we had some lunch and then jumped on the Tuk Tuk to the pier. There was no room in the back so I sat up front with the driver. Nice man, Chuck - that's what I named him. He was singing happily away for the five minute journey.

I could smell my shoes a mile off from where they were so damp so I had to go and find new shoes. All I could find was sodding flip flops. So I bought my first pair, ever! Sure, my mum used to buy them for me when I was younger but I've never been a fan. I prefer to go barefoot.

So flipping and flopping along, we boarded the choppy ferry which made Kel and Dave feel sick and arrived in Koh Phangan. We were joined by an English / French couple who were staying at Lime and Soda Resort. When we arrived, we just had to join them - in separate rooms of course!

It had ping pong tables, hammocks, a big restaurant, massages on the beach and the best bit - huts on the beach. We paid 2-- Baht more between us and had a hut with a stunning view. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

We showered up and I told Kel and Dave I couldn't wear those damn flip flops to the Half Moon Party. I hated them. So we went on a little journey and luck began smiling on us as we found a second hand store. A pair of navy converse with lime green laces and a Superman print t-shirt for only 10 quid later and we were celebrating like we had five numbers on the lottery and we were waiting for the bonus ball.

The jackpot came up when I took Kel and Dave to a Mexican restaurant I'd spotted. Burritos and Quesadillas were the order and they were incredible. Definitely we were on a winning streak. Now all we had to do was have a belting night at the Half Moon Party and we'd end the trip on a high.

I told you, bloody Rafiki from The Lion King

We headed back to Lime and Soda for our face paints to be applied. I bloody wish I hadn't now, coming out looking like Rafiki in the Lion King. Kel's looked decent but Dave's was similar to mine. But I suppose that's just all part of it.

Living it up, Half Moon Party style

LMFAO apparently. More like Stevie Wonder!

The taxi took us into the jungle and suddenly the bass could be heard. Just as we went to pay for our tickets, there was a power cut! Already the signs that our usual cock ups were imminent were there.

When we first got in, we were accosted by two drunk Australian girls who wobbled and yelled in my face about how great the party was. It was ten o'oclock.

This was whilst the rain fell down

The rain fell and everyone ducked for cover. I told Dave we needed to get involved and I headed to a table next to two Swedish girls, asked if I could sit down and joined them. By the time Dave returned with his beer, they'd left! I've still got the olde Millen charm ;-) .

We proceeded to the dance floor and mixed with Germans, Dutch (Wheyyy), English, Australians, Chinese, Koreans, Thais and so many others I could cross off in time.

 Happy days!

We started dancing and noticed the two girls from the boat trip in Phuket. Dave and I went over and said hello and Dave got a photo with them. As his ever loyal wingman, I jumped in.

We found out they were both called Anna and they were from Poland. They'd been with two other guys on our boat trip and I quickly deduced that they were either their brothers or just friends.

Kel with the Brazilian lads

We party all night with them, making lousy jokes and usual and just enjoying each others company. Dave and I took it in turns to hoist each other up in the air on each other's shoulders. The way our trip had proceeded with Dave's constant cock ups (again - see Day 150 for these) and it now rubbing off on me with my phone, I was honestly waiting for one of us to drop the other. 

Then we had a weird moment when Dave swore he saw me watching him from one end of the party only to find me sitting with a drunk German guy at the other. After getting the German guy to explain we'd been having a fifteen--twenty minute conversation, Dave was a little freaked out. I'll admit I was wearing a Superman t-shirt but I cannot move at the speed of light.

All the fun wasn't just reserved for me and Dave. Kel picked herself a Brazilian from Rio called Pedro. A nice guy but he reminded me of Ben Stiller.

The girls left a little too quickly then we would've wanted, leaving me wondering if I told them too many of my puns. But it was a great night, all in all.

By six, we were back in our resort with the sun coming up. What a way to finish the trip!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.