Wednesday 18 November 2015

Day 146 - A day of rest in Phuket followed by a night of madness


Loving that burger.

Day 146 - 16th November

So the guys were lying in and I was doing some work on my neice's christening gift. It's finished now so I'm pretty happy.

We spent the morning eating a fry up in an Aussie Bar and enjoying the local beach. The sand was annoying me so I spent most of my time bobbing up and down in the sea. It was choppy so every eleventh wave was a big one and crashed over my head.

Obligatory Hooters picture.

We walked around the city and ended up having beers in Hooters. Matt was an attraction again with his beard.

It was then time for a wind down. Matt went to the gym whilst Kel, Dave and I sat back and chilled out before dinner. It was nice to just be stationary for a while and by the time five pm came around, I was reluctant to move.

We headed back to Hooters, I was adamant to take on the 12 burger challenger - 12 sliders in ten minutes. When I looked at it again and thought that we'd be on a ferry tomorrow, I thought better against it. Instead I had a BBQ burger - a terrific choice I might add. We also tried the hottest sauce they have - 'Call the Doctor'. It was a tingler.

One for my brother - Yaya, Kolo

We went to a bar and had a drink with a local woman who gave us some tips for Koh Samui. She was a sweet, old lady and gave us a great service. We all commented on her kindness.

Then we moved down to a dancing bar on Bangla Street where a live band was playing. They were actually pretty good, throwing out some Reggae and Rock tunes. The night was progressing nicely, no issues, no problems.

Just before the nosedive.

Before the tears.

It was when Kel left us that it took a turn for the worse. In short, Dave, Matt and I bought three beer tubes and we were set upon by dancing girls who we bought drinks. Then Matt made his dancer cry, I lost mine to a client with a 1000 baht note and Dave was taken by a woman old enough to be his mother - she showed him photos of her son!

A photo that says a thousand words! Just like her, bless her.

We had to escape, and we did, retreating to the capsule and thanking our lucky stars we were off to Koh Samui in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.