Wednesday 25 November 2015

Day 154 - North to South, lost in translation and Go Go Girls


Love that view

Day 154 - 24th November

Another day, another dollar as they say, except no-one will give me a dollar for my work so I just keep going.

My routine changed slightly and not for the better as I had my breakfast. I was typing away at my story and I spilled my coffee all over my laptop. Dave's presence around me in the past two weeks was rubbing off now.

So I went looking for a repair place because the keyboard was no longer responding. A website told me that a fantastic repair place could be found at the IT Complex in the North of Lamai. When I eventually made it there after a 20 minute walk in the heat, I discovered from a helpful desk clerk that the company had liquidated five years earlier. I should've known really with the owner posing in a pool as her profile for the business.

I asked the guy where I could go and he said Tesco's Lotus - two kilometres in the other direction. So I set off again and reached Tesco's. Inside there was a great place called Banana IT. I picked up a keyboard for seven quid. Bargain.

I went by Matt's usual eating spot and of course found him there. We had chicken and rice and watched Jaws 3. Afterwards, we made our way to the Mynt Lounge where I worked and Matt played pool with the locals and Joy.

Love that beach

Afterwards, we headed back for the three 'S's and then went back to the Mynt Lounge. We met another guy from London, Matt who had dislocated his toe a few nights before. We played pool with him and I narrowly beat him after skewing my shot wide and it still going in.

He took us down on his bike to the Go Go bars and we had Thai Rum and Beers with the women whilst playing Connect 4 and a dice game. Those girls were crazy, asking us to take them away for 1,200 Baht. Matt (bearded) and I scarpered back to the Mynt Lounge.

After a few more hours, I set off as Joy tried to get Matt to walk me back. I ran down the street so they could stay together whilst Matt hijacked Joy's moped and yelled out for me to jump on the back of it.

Eventually they caught me up and Matt and I walked back with the usual berating from the massage girls and lady boys.

I'm getting too old for this! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.