Wednesday 25 November 2015

Day 150 - Farewell... for now!


It's not a bad old life really

Day 150 - 20th November

So, the dreaded day had arrived. Kel and Dave were off back home. It's been so great having them here with me it almost felt at times as if they were with me all the way around.

So our trip together ended in true form of how it had been plodding along in the last two weeks - we overslept our 10am check out time. One of the staff was knocking on the door trying to get us out.

Let's be honest, who'd want to leave this hut?

Eventually we surfaced and went to the restaurant to soak up the previous night with a good olde English fry up. One has never gone down so well.

We had a few hours to kill before our pick up so we finished the trip off with a massage. Dave joked that he was mugged off with his masseur but I felt, as I was told to remove my shirt - Kel and Dave were still fully clothed - that I was getting the raw deal.

Dave looks like he's in a submission hold

Kel's isn't much better

I felt ten years younger, shame the hair didn't reflect it!

My masseur was amazing and at one point I felt like James Bond being taken out by a Bond Villain as she put me in front of her and lifted me up over her body with her knees. Sadly I could get a picture because she was holding my arms behind me but believe me, I was impressed. She was only seven or eight stone.

We left behind Lime and Soda, re-boarded the ferry and had a choppy trip back for 45 minutes. Dave asked for a sick bag, the big tart, and Kel kept her head down.

At the airport, I was impressed with the operation they had for such a small island airport. After checking in, Kel, Dave and I went for a pizza. We were reeling off our best bits and a feeling of poignancy attached itself to our conversation - well for me anyway.

The trip wouldn't have been complete without one final gaffe, and it came as I hug and kissed my sister and Dave goodbye, they began walking away and we realised the gate was nearby where we had a pizza. We just laughed.

As they disappeared, I walked back to the main road and begun a trek towards the beach. I made it twenty minutes before realising that the coast was down a winding road towards Cheweng Beach and I'd be walking an hour and half at least to get there.

I reached a bend in the road and found a little, local restaurant made of bamboo with no more than 4 tables in it. That's how small it was. I asked the guy inside how to get to Cheweng quickly. He told me I was countless kilometres out and offered to take me on his bike for 150 Baht. It was a good deal so I went with him.

My driver, nice chap.

He told me as we drove down that Cheweng was at least 700 Baht a room and when he took me to one place, he was proved right as they asked for 1,300 Baht a night.

He kindly offered to take me back to Lamai Beach where I stayed before going to Koh Tao. I stopped at New Hut Bungalows.

I checked into a hut on the beach for 500 Baht a night (10 quid) and settled into island life. I quite like being by the sea, minus the sand of course!

And as promised - Crittenden's Clangers for you:

- On his first night, he withdrew money from the ATM. He left his card in the machine.
- Dave thought it would be a good idea to go into the Indian Ocean with his phone inside his swim shorts.
- Dave jumped down from a wooden gazebo, smacking his head on a beam overhead and landing on his arse. He cut his hand open.
- He left his swimming trunks at our resort in Kanchanaburi.
- After lifting him up on my shoulders at the Half Moon Party, he threw his glasses into the crowd. They are now lost!
-  Lost his wallet temporarily before realising it was in his bag.
- Pulled a women old enough to be his mother.
- Took control from me on a jet ski. I told him not to hit the corners anything above 30 kph. He hits one at 50 kph, we both fly off and have to swim 200 yards to get back to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.