Tuesday 15 December 2015

Day 172 - I'm home!













Back with the siblings, once again. But I will return - a bit like 007. I like that.

Day 172 - 12th December

07:30am. I've landed back at Heathrow Terminal Four. The flight was pretty easy for 14 hours, just sitting, watching films and eating food. Vietnam airlines is pretty impressive, one I'd highly recommended.

The tube ride was an hour into central London. I was eyeballed half the way by grumpy travellers who stared at me, wondering why I had two huge bags with me.

The temperature was six degrees, a far cry from the average thirty I've been used to travelling around Asia. I'll need to get used to that. It may take a while.

Once I arrived at Victoria, I had a spot of breakfast and waited for my train to roll in. I was buzzing to see my family again. Five months and three weeks is a long time to be away. I was looking forward to seeing my niece at her christening on Sunday. Christmas was going to be a great occasion.

The second train journey of the day was just a routine one hour trip, one I'd done many times before when going to London. And before I knew it, I was home again. In Maidstone and heading across town towards my home.

And the reaction on my return was priceless. Everyone played the part and made me see how great it was to see them all again. The video below is my documentation of said reactions. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.