Monday 14 December 2015

Day 171 - Returning Home!



It's time to go home, but just for a while.
 
Day 171 - 11th December

So it's confession time. My travelling time is up. Not forever but for a while because in two days my niece is being christened, in a few months one of my friends is getting married and in September next year, I am best man at another friend's wedding. Team those with Christmas and you'll see why I'm going home.

So nobody at home knew and I set off around lunchtime into a windy and very wet Singapore city, heading on the MRT towards Changi airport. It was an impressive place, big enough to be three football stadiums combined.

I had a two hour flight from Singapore to Ho Chi Minh which was pretty mundane and not much to write about. I was offered a meal which I took on. It was a tasty sweet and sour pork with rice and a fruit cup for dessert.

I then had a six hour stopover in Ho Chi Minh airport. I settled in a bar and did some reading over a few beers. The excitement was building and I was ready to be at home. Unfortunately one thing stood in my way - a 14 hour flight back to London.

I sat and waited it out. The beer was cold, the book was funny and the time flew away before I knew it.

I couldn't wait to get home. In less than 15 hours, I'll be back on home soil. In 18 hours, I'd been knocking on my front door! Come on!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.