Saturday 24 October 2015

Day 120 - The grand finale!


Going to miss this old place.

Day 120 - 21st October

My last day of actually coaching and four months since I left home! I had to make it one to remember.

Project C has many great memories for me, with it being my first ever project I attended and the way the kids warmed to me and made me feel welcome.

The day started with high bursts of energy from DK, the kids and I. Starting as we meant to go on. The sun was roasting again but I ignored it and did my warm up drills with the eight students in the first session. They were great.

The second session followed suit with the first and the time flew by to lunchtime where I had my normal noodles and DK had his scheduled nap. I wish I could do the same but I just can't nap. I get grumpy and do not want to get up afterwards. No way, Jose!

The afternoon brought the most fun, the kids going wild for DK's warm up and games. They really respect him and why wouldn't they? In the second session, I took the games with the kids needing to dress up in bibs and cones before exercising. Again the kids giggled and yelled encouragement to their teammates, desperately wanting to finish first. 

What a way to sign off!

The evening was spent packing up my stuff in preparation for my departure on Monday. Normally I leave it until a few hours before I'm due to check out but this time I need to be on the ball ready for my big journey to Laos (I'm still undecided on whether to fly or not).

I realised from a cardboard tag that I've been wearing women's football socks this whole time. Who'd have thought, huh? Well at least I'm in touch with my feminine side. 

Di and I exchanged stories over dinner before heading back to Bou Savy.

Thanks once again to Project C for all your help in making this an awesome experience. I shall never forget it.

Find out more about Globalteer Sports Project on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GlobalteerSportsProject

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, leave me a message. I would love to hear from you.